At Vail Resorts, we leverage data-driven solutions to improve the guest experience at every – and for every – turn. Our digital solutions are designed to enhance your experience: to get you on the mountain faster and remove friction points, so you can spend your time doing what we all love: skiing and riding.
That is why we are so excited that the new My Epic app is now live and available to download with features including Mobile Pass and Mobile Lift Tickets technology.
Mobile Pass and Mobile Lift Tickets is a hands-free option for skiers and riders to use at all 36 of Vail Resorts’ owned and operated U.S. resorts for the 2023/24 season, with availability at Whistler Blackcomb to follow in future seasons. This allows you to buy your pass or lift ticket online, activate it in the new My Epic app, put your phone in your pocket, and get scanned, hands free in the lift line using Bluetooth® technology designed for low energy usage to minimize the impact on a phone’s battery life.
If you prefer the physical RFID card experience – feel free to use your physical card for passes and lift tickets or stop by a ticket window to get yours printed. In future years, physical cards will be available to anyone who does not want to use their phone or cannot use their phone to store their pass or lift ticket.
My Epic is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play App Store. If you’re an EpicMix user, simply update the app and use the same login credentials, and you’ll be able to see all existing personalized stats.
Some quick tips:
- Upon opening My Epic for the first time, you’ll be prompted to activate your Mobile Pass or Mobile Lift Ticket, as well as enable Bluetooth, to allow your device to scan at lifts. Look for the green check mark to know you’re good to go!
- Only one Mobile Pass or Mobile Lift Ticket can be loaded onto a phone, so remember to bring your kids physical passes (unless you choose to let them use their own phone).
- Don’t forget to enable GPS tracking in the app to track your on-mountain stats with Mobile Pass.
- Worried about your phone’s battery? Charging stations will be available around our resorts.
- Reminder Mobile Pass & Mobile Lift Ticket is not available at Whistler Blackcomb or partner resorts this season.
Additional features on the My Epic app include interactive trail maps with GPS location tracking, real-time and predictive lift line wait times, personalized stats, mountain and resort alerts, direct access to ski patrol for emergencies, weather updates, and resort charge.
Learn more pro tips on using the app and its Mobile Pass and Mobile Lift Tickets technology at epicpass.com/app.