Okemo Mountain Resort Winter 2023/24 Tip Sheet
Media Contact: Joe Healy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Okemo Mountain Resort is a home-away-from-home for Northeast skiing and snowboarding families. Its superlative snow coverage and consistent quality of conditions, combined with variety of terrain for all abilities, make it the best choice when winter is in its full glory...and on those occasions when New England weather can be mischievous. Okemo can cover 98 percent of its trails with snowmaking. Advanced, energy-efficient tower-gun technology and a fleet of modern snow groomers ensure quick snow-surface recovery when action is needed. With 122 trails and glades, and 20 lifts, Okemo offers six express lifts, two of which access the summit and are outfitted with retractable, transparent domes to keep passengers comfortable and protected from the elements. Okemo offers plenty of alternative activities too, like ice skating, the Timber Ripper Mountain Coaster, Gore Snowground, and signature events. Most of all, though, Okemo is known for its staff friendliness and warm welcome to all.
- Your Pass, now on your phone with the new My Epic app: New this season, the My Epic app with Mobile Pass and Mobile Lift Tickets is now available to download, allowing guests to use their phone as their ticket to the slopes. Mobile Pass and Mobile Lift Tickets is a hands-free option for skiers and riders to use at all 36 of Vail Resorts’ owned and operated U.S. resorts for the 2023/24 season, with availability at Whistler Blackcomb to follow in future seasons. It allows guests to buy their pass or lift ticket online, activate it in the new My Epic app, put their phone in their pocket, and get scanned, hands free in the lift line using Bluetooth® technology designed for low energy usage to minimize the impact on a phone’s battery life. This season, to ensure a smooth transition, the company will continue to provide physical cards for passes and lift tickets to all guests. For guests choosing to use Mobile Pass this season, watch this video for some tips. The My Epic app also offers a range of guest-favorite features, including interactive trail maps with GPS location tracking, and mountain and resort alerts, including operational information like grooming updates, terrain status, snow reports and conditions.
- Improved guest on-mountain experience through wayfinding improvements.
- The access to the main parking lot will be paved and widened and the culvert over the brook replaced, allowing easier flow into the parking lots and creating a better walking space for guests heading to the slopes.
- A new access trail was constructed to access Sweet Solitude from Sapphire/Upper Tomahawk. This will allow easier access for newer skiers and riders to Sweet Solitude. The new connector trail at the base of the new Evergreen Summit Express is making the summit and its variety of terrain more accessible. Skiers and riders approaching from the Jackson Gore area have faster and easier summit access, relieving congestion at the resort’s primary summit lift, The Sunburst Six, and improving the overall mountain experience.
- Exciting enhancements to The Crazy Train Terrain Park, allowing for better flow and feature building, have been made. Skiers and riders will feel the difference this season in The Zone and Crazy Train, Okemo’s medium/large park, as a result of site work, re-grading and snowmaking pipe re-installation between Black Out and The Zone. Access to the Zone will continue to be at the bottom of The Pull Lift.
- 2022-23: Upgrades to the effectiveness and efficiency of Okemo’s snowmaking system will help Okemo’s mountain operations team more easily deliver the resort’s legendary ski and ride conditions, while infrastructure improvements include a new deck on the Summit Lodge.
- 2021/22: Okemo underwent a transformational upgrade as part of Vail Resorts’ capital improvements plan – a new high-speed, six-passenger chairlift as well as terrain and snowmaking expansion, an improved arrival process and other changes.
- The Quantum lift at Jackson Gore was upgraded from a four-person to a six-person, high-speed chairlift, now named the Quantum Six.
- Okemo relocated the existing four-person, high-speed Quantum lift to replace the Green Ridge three-person chairlift and renamed it Evergreen Summit Express. This increased uphill capacity and improved guest circulation across the resort.
- In addition to installing snowmaking on the new Green Link trail, Okemo upgraded snowmaking infrastructure on Upper World Cup, Sapphire, as needed around the mountain, and reconfigured some of the system to accommodate the added snowmaking coverage.
- With these upgrades, Okemo maintains its status of greatest snowmaking coverage in Vermont, having the capability to cover 98 percent of its trails.
Get Your Epic Pass Today Before They Go Off Sale!
Guests planning to visit this winter – whether one day or all season long – are encouraged to purchase their lift access online in advance to save big. The Epic Local Pass allows for Northeast guests to ski or ride all season long at nearly all the company’s resorts across the East Coast, and take a trip out West with unlimited access at Breckenridge, Keystone and Crested Butte, plus 10 days at Vail, Beaver Creek or Whistler Blackcomb.
The Northeast Value Pass offers incredible value to those who only plan to ski or ride out East, with access to many of the same destinations, including to 21 resorts across the Northeast, Midwest and Mid-Atlantic – such as Stowe, Hunter, Mount Snow, Okemo, Wildcat and Seven Springs.
Vail Resorts also continues to offer the Epic Day Pass, which allows guests access to world-class resorts at pre-season pricing for up to 65 percent off when compared to a lift ticket. The Epic Day Pass is perfect for those who plan to ski and ride from 1-7 days throughout the winter season. In effect, skiers and riders can build their own pass and also choose Epic Flex Pay as a convenient payment option. Compare all Epic Pass offerings on the Epic Pass website. And keep in mind – Epic Passes make it easier than ever for those new or revisiting the sport, with Epic Mountain Rewards for 20 percent off food, lodging, group ski and ride school lessons, equipment rentals and more.
Okemo Fast Facts
Base Elevation: 1,144
Summit Elevation: 3,344
Skiable Area: 632
121 Trails: 32% beginner, 37% intermediate, 31% advanced
20 Lifts: 1 high-speed detachable 6-pack chair with protective bubbles and heated seats, 1 new high-speed detachable 6-pack chair, 9 quad chairs (4 high speed detachable quads, one with protective bubbles), 2 triple chairs, and 7 surface lifts.
Vertical: 2,200 feet (steepest in Southern Vermont)
Avg. Annual Snowfall: 200 inches
Avg. Season Length: late-November to mid-April
Snowmaking Coverage: 98% (The highest snowmaking efficiency amongst all ski resorts in Vermont!)
Okemo Mountain Resort Dining
Okemo offers a range of dining experiences from family-friendly cafeteria-style at Base 68 Café & Biergarten to full-service dining at The Bull Restaurant & Bar, offering something to fit every guest's needs. Pass holders can take 20% off a quick lunch, an afternoon pick-me-up or an après experience. Just scan your pass and save when you visit the following locations at Okemo for winter:
- Sugar House
- Summit Lodge Cafe
Ski & Ride School
Pass Holders save 20% on group ski and snowboard lessons with Epic Mountain Rewards.
Okemo Mountain Resort is conveniently located right off of Vermont Route 100. There are two base areas – Clock Tower Base Area and Jackson Gore – with on-resort shuttle service available. Okemo offers free parking at both base areas. Parking for guests and families is on a first-come, first served basis while available.
Okemo Signature Events 2023-24
- Vermont Family Adventure Run by Toyota, All Winter 23-24
- Après Afternoons, Every Saturday starting December 30
- New Years Fireworks and Après for the Holidays, December 31
- Full Moon Snowshoe Hikes, January 25, February 24, March 25
- Kids Let It Glow Torchlight, March 9
- The Snowmelt: Slush Cup & Spring Fling, April 6
Epic for Everyone – Youth Access and Growing the Sport
The future of winter sports is inclusion. Through investments and partnerships, Vail Resorts is committed to ensuring that all feel welcome, invited, and included. Our Epic for Everyone youth access programs serve thousands of youth annually who may not have had access to the sport. Our programs provide free on-snow sessions including lessons, meals, rentals, mentorship, an introduction to careers in snowsports, and more. This winter, several of our Eastern region resorts will be hosting non-profit organizations for a series of visits.
Stay Connected with Okemo Mountain Resort: Download the new My Epic app or visit okemo.com for terrain updates, snow reports, local lodging & and dining, event details, and the lowest-priced lift tickets guaranteed. Stay connected socially at facebook.com/okemomountain and follow @okemomtn on Instagram.