FOR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE
Rachelle Atherton, Heavenly and Kirkwood Mountain Resorts, (775) 586-4461, email@example.com
Anna Jacobson, Heavenly and Kirkwood Mountain Resorts, (775) 586-4461, firstname.lastname@example.org
Inaugural Kirkwood Bikes and Brews Event Features Unlimited Beer Sampling, Live Music, Biking Events, Kid-Friendly Activities and More!
- Event to take place Saturday, July 29 with complimentary shuttle to and from Montbleu Casino
- Dan Lebowitz from Animal Liberation Orchestra, a popular opening band for Jack Johnson, to perform 3 - 6 p.m.
- Kirkwood lodging discounts and state-regulated camping available
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. – July 6, 2017– The inaugural Kirkwood Bikes & Brews event features fun for all ages with unlimited brew tasting, live music, kids activities and mountain bike events on Saturday, July 29 at Kirkwood Mountain Resort. This event will support the Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association who is dedicated to the stewardship of sustainable, multiple-use trails and to preserving access for mountain bikers through advocacy, education and promotion of responsible trail use.
Time and Location: Bike events starting at 10 a.m., brew festival events from 3 - 6 p.m. at Kirkwood Village Plaza.
Activities: Live music (Lebo and Friends), mountain bike events, unlimited beer sampling, a raffle, rock climbing walls, Euro Bungee trampolines, bouncy house, face painting, balloon twisting, BBQ dining, KBar drink specials and more!
Biking: Gran Fondo mountain bike rides will be organized throughout the day with coaching sessions based on skill level. Kids also have the opportunity to participate in the youth bike race!
Transportation: Complimentary Amador shuttle busses will be available for a ride to and from Kirkwood Mountain Resort. Participants should arrive at Montbleu Casino at 1:15 p.m. for a 1:30 p.m. departure on July 29. The bus will return to Montbleu at 7:30 p.m. after the event. The Amador shuttle option is available to guests and their families when tickets are purchased online.
Tickets: Adult beer festival entry includes a commemorative Bikes & Brews glass and unlimited beer samples. An optional activities pass is available for both adults and kids for unlimited access to the rock climbing wall, Euro Bungee trampoline, bouncy house, face painting and balloon twister. The activities pass also includes a Silipint cup and juice bar access for guests under the age of 21.
- Adult (21+) ticket is $30 pre-purchased or $35 at the door
- Activities pass is $20
- Bike haul and non-pass holder hiking trail access will be discounted at $30 for brew festival attendees (the regular lift ticket price of $44 applies to guests not attending the brew festival)
- Active summer employee/dependent ticket is $25
- Employees will be required to show active employee ID’s at the door for entry
- Active employees and VR dependents who have an active dependent pass and employees who have been termed at the end of winter season in good standing receive free bike haul and hiking lift tickets
About Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN)
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading global mountain resort operator. Vail Resorts’ subsidiaries operate 11 world-class mountain resorts and three urban ski areas, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada; Perisher in Australia; Stowe in Vermont; Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan. Vail Resorts owns and/or manages a collection of casually elegant hotels under the RockResorts brand, as well as the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning and development subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.