With this weekend’s snowstorm expected to hit just in time for the Sunday night mountain drive in Colorado, Vail Resorts is offering a slew of last-minute deals to help powderhounds enjoy more powder and for drivers to play it safe by staying put and enjoying an extra night in the mountains:
· $79 Sunday night stays all season long at Keystone and Breckenridge. Avoid the Sunday night traffic and extend your weekend. 800.404.3535 or www.keystoneresort.com or www.breckenridge.com.
· LOVE those Vail deals. Check out last-minute Vail deals at www.VailAllTheLove.com - like a $159 Sunday night stay (Sunday, Dec. 14) at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort four-star-hotel. located just a few steps from the Vail Village and the Vista Bahn Lift. Or, stay on Saturday at the Vail Marriott for $189 and enjoy the Snow Daze festivities like The Fray concert in Vail.
· Pet-friendly stays at the last-minute for less than $50 a person. For last-minute tag-wagging deals at Keystone, check out www.KeystoneTonight.com for deals like a $47.50 per person stay at the dog-friendly Inn at Keystone, located just 300 yards to the slopes (no charge for your pup!), based on double occupancy.
· Or, sign up for Vail Resorts email newsletter and get access to THE best STEEP SAVERS deals all season long. www.snow.com
New snow means more terrain. Vail is opening Blue Sky Basin and China Bowl providing more than 4,000 acres of skiing/riding (which will be the most terrain open in the country right now). Beaver Creek is opening Grouse Mountain and this weekend is the debut of Breckenridge’s brand-new Peak 7 base area with access to the resort’s famed intermediate and expert terrain on Peak 7.
Here's more information to help you prepare and plan your snowy getaway to Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone this weekend:
Winter driving tips. Visit www.dot.state.co.us for tips - like slow down in winter conditions, don’t use your cruise control on icy or snow-packed roads, maintain traction with gradual starts and stops and four-wheel-drive vehicles can’t stop better or faster on ice or snow (the heavier the vehicle, the greater the stopping distance even for 4WD SUVs).
· Call 303.639.1111 for Colorado road conditions all year long
And, mark your calendar for these "cool" weekend happenings.
· Snow Daze at Vail with a concert by The Fray debuting songs from their new album on Saturday in Vail. www.vail.com
· Colorado Cross-Country & Snowshoe Day at Keystone with 2-for-1 snowshoe eco tours. www.keystoneresort.com
· NEXT weekend: Don’t miss the Winter Dew Tour at Breckenridge (Dec. 18-21) as the best in snowboarding and freeskiing take to the snow and the air at Breckenridge for this first-ever “Super Bowl” of action sports. www.breckenridge.com
www.snow.com or 800.404.3535
About Vail Resorts
Vail Resorts, Inc. is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resort properties at the Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone mountain resorts in Colorado, the Heavenly Ski Resort in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties across the United States and the Caribbean. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.