- Daytime low temperatures in the teens with averages in the 20's and 30's
- Below 30 degrees nighttime
- Conveniently located off Interstate 70, in the center of the state, Vail is the headquarters for an ideal Rocky Mountain vacation.
- Eagle Airport - Located 35 miles west of Vail, Eagle Airport (EGE) is serviced in the winter by American, Continental, Delta and United with non-stop flights to and from Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York (Kennedy and LaGuardia) and Newark. For more information and the latest schedules and available flights, visit www.FlyVail.com.
- Denver International Airport (DIA) - Located 110 miles east of Vail via Interstate 70, Denver International Airport (www.FlyDenver.com) offers numerous daily flights to and from most major U.S. cities, and connections to destinations around the world.
- Ground Transportation - Boasting an unsurpassed safety record, flexible schedules, impeccably maintained vehicles, and courteous and friendly drivers, Colorado Mountain Express (CME) is the best link to Vail's pedestrian village. CME offers access to and from both Denver International Airport and the Eagle Airport. For details and reservations visit www.rideCME.com.
- Getting Arround - In addition to pedestrian-friendly streets, the Town of Vail operates the largest free public transportation system in the country. Visitors can also access public transportation to nearby Avon, Beaver Creek, Minturn, Leadville and Edwards for a nominal fee on ECO Transportation (http://www.eaglecounty.com/eco_transit/index.cfm).
Media Site: https://news.vail.vailresorts.com
About Vail Resorts
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resort properties of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone mountain resorts in Colorado, and the Heavenly Ski Resort and Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada, and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort property and hotel company, manages casually elegant properties across the United States and in the Caribbean. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.