B-Roll & Photo Alert: Broadcast quality HD Video of the fresh snow is available at https://public.me.com/vail.resorts Skype interview opportunities are available. Or visit our web cams for live shots at www.snow.com.
BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. – Dec. 22, 2011 – Skiers and snowboarders welcomed the first official day of winter at the Colorado ski resorts of Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone with 5 inches of powder and at Vail with 4 inches of fresh snow. With only three more days until Christmas, the new snow is the perfect way to start the holiday weekend festivities that will feature visits by Santa, ice skating, the mountaintop Kidtopia Snow Fort at Keystone, Vail’s Holidaze events, torchlight ski parades that are part of Beaver Creek’s first-ever Winterfest, the 2,500-pound Keystone Chocolate Village, alpine coaster rides at Breckenridge and more holiday events.
Thursday, Dec. 22 at Keystone Resort, Colo.
Looking for a reason to ring in 2012 in the mountains? Here are the top five New Year’s Eve events from Vail Resorts’ www.buzz.snow.com:
1. Keystone’s Icestravaganza Celebration
2. Vail’s Largest New Year’s Party at Dobson Ice Arena
3. Breckenridge’s New Year’s Torchlight parade and fireworks
4. Beaver Creek’s Kids Winter Wonder Parade
5. And two Tahoe celebrations: The Fire and Ice New Year’s Eve celebration at Northstar California on the North Shore. Or Heavenly’s Ball Drop and Fireworks in the Heavenly Village on the South Shore.