Northstar California Resort: Fast Facts - Summer 2012
How to Contact Northstar
General Information & Lodging Reservations: 1.800.GO.NORTH (466.6784)
· Driving Directions: Hwy 267 @ Northstar Drive, Truckee, CA 96160
· GPS: 100 Northstar Drive, Truckee, CA 96160
· Mailing: PO Box 129, Truckee, CA 96160
· Air Access: Reno-Tahoe International Airport (45 minutes); Sacramento Airport (1.75 hours); San Francisco Airport (3.5 hours); Oakland Airport (3.5 hours)
Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, fly-fishing, roller skating, special events and more.
- Golf Course operates mid-May through mid-October, conditions permitting.
- Bike Park operates mid-June though early October, conditions permitting.
- Most extensive lift-served Mountain Bike Park in Northern California
- 18-Hole, par 72 Golf Course offering the best value and earliest twilight rates in North Lake Tahoe
- Fly fishing, tennis lessons, lift-served hiking and sightseeing
- 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink (roller skating in summer)
- Geocaching Adventure (GPS based treasure hunt) on the mountain when the bike and hike park is open
· More than 5,000 square feet of on-site, year-round conference and banquet facilities with experienced event planners
- Signature special and weekly events including live music performances
· Village at Northstar™ featuring unique shops and restaurants, bars, grocers, two movie theaters and WiFi Internet access
· Apex Bungy trampoline and Ropes Challenge
· Experiential opportunities including candle, mosaic, teddy bear making, pottery painting and jewelry design
- Full service bike shop offering rentals, retail sales and servicing
- Recreation Center featuring (limited to Northstar Resort lodging guests) 10 outdoor tennis courts, fitness center, three swimming pools (Jr. Olympic, Lap and Kiddie Pool), arcade, spas and sauna, massage (by appointment)
· On-site gas station
· Complimentary on-site neighborhood shuttle service (operates during the core summer season only)
· More than 220 on-site lodging units for rent through Northstar Central Reservations, 1.800.GO.NORTH (466.6784). Accommodations range from condominiums to hotel-style units, to spacious mountain homes.
· All Northstar lodging guests receive access to the Recreation Center featuring a lap pool, spas, game room, sauna and health club for a small fee.
· New 1-4 bedroom luxury condominiums in the new Village at Northstar available to rent through Tahoe Mountain Resorts Lodging.
· New 2-3 bedroom luxury condominiums available to rent through Hyatt Residence Club.
· Situated at mid-mountain at Northstar, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe features ski-in/ski-out access, mountain valet services, Manzanita, the resort’s signature restaurant created by renowned San Francisco celebrity chef Traci Des Jardins, and a 17,000 square foot spa and fitness center. The year-round resort property includes 170 guest rooms, 23 private Ritz-Carlton Residences and 25 Ritz-Carlton Club fractional ownership units.
Guests arriving in Reno can book rental cars through Northstar Resort’s reservation system. AMTRAK and Greyhound make daily stops in Truckee (six miles away). Complimentary shuttle service is available to Northstar from the Truckee transportation depot and from the Truckee-Tahoe Airport with 24-hour notice. To arrange ground transfers to and from the Reno/Tahoe International Airport, call North Tahoe Express at 866.216.5222, North Tahoe Checker Taxi at 866.420.8294 or Executive Limo at 800.323.3958.
Vail Resorts, Inc.,
through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resort properties of Vail
, Beaver Creek
mountain resorts in Colorado, and Heavenly Mountain Resort
and Northstar California Resort
in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada, and the Grand Teton Lodge Company
in Jackson Hole, Wyo. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts
, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties across the United States and in the Caribbean. Vail Resorts Development Company
is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is vailresorts.com
and consumer website is snow.com